Also available (with timecodes):
The Last Jedi is the best entry in the sequel trilogy, and Luke is the best part! Enjoy these and other spicy hot-takes in our first episode of 2020, in which your hosts Derek and Ani review the Disney Star Wars reboot from The Force Awakens onward. To quote the Honest Trailer for Last Jedi, “a series about balance and non attachment will be worshipped, hated on, and obsessed over until it’s not even fun to talk about anymore.” Don’t @ us, your hate makes us stronger.
Timecodes (visible on Spotify and iTunes, not Anchor embedded player):
- The Force Awakens review: 8.51
- Rogue One review: 12.48
- Solo review: 32.32
- The Last Jedi review: 46.28
- The Rise of Skywalker review: 64.10
- Rise of the Alt Fans: 1.48.01
Written and performed by Derek and Ani. Edited by Ani and Lidia Grigorut, with Derek consulting.
- We Will Remember Freedom, Episode 5, Ogres of East Africa (read by Derek)
- Queerbaiting 101, video essay by Rohan Ellis
- Stop Baiting LGBTQ+ Audiences, video essay by Council of Geeks
- Star Wars Origins website
- Honest Trailers – Star Wars: The Last Jedi, video by ScreenJunkie
- George Lucas can’t give his $1.5billion museum away, Bloomberg article by Devin Leonard
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Review, video by RedLetterMedia/Mr Plinkett
- The People vs George Lucas, documentary by Alexandre O. Philippe
- Idiot Wars: The Racism Awakens (not actually entitled Star Wars: A Measured Response), video by Harris Bomberguy
- JJ’s Star Wars: IX Leans Into The Last Jedi, video by Fandom Entertainment
- Fake News: When Fandoms Queerbait Themselves, The Mary Sue
- Deep, Martynas Lau (and others from Royalty Free Zone)
- Bleepies, Kevin MacLeod
- Blueshift, Airglow
- Waltz Into The Moonlight, Tryad
- Alone (closing track), Tryad
- Plan 9 From Outer Space, feature film (Criswell intro/outro)
- Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, feature film (Yoda sample: “Always in motion, the future is”)
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.